For immediate release:
Kettle Art presents “Sour Grapes”, an exhibit featuring internationally acclaimed Oak Cliff artists Arturo Donjuan, Carlos Donjuan, and Miguel Donjuan.
Please join us for the opening reception on Thursday, September 11, 7-10pm at Kettle Art Gallery, 2650-B Main St., Dallas 75226. The exhibit runs through Saturday, September 27, during regular gallery hours and by appointment.
For video of the creation of the large mural on view during this exhibit, visit http://vimeo.com/100362241
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1501563446756331/?ref=ts&fref=ts
About Sour Grapes
- Established in 2000 in Oak Cliff, Texas, the Sour Grapes Art Collective transitioned from graffiti artists to painters, sculptors, and photographers exhibiting in galleries across the US and Europe.
- Commissioned by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs to create the Jefferson Viaduct mural, Spring 2014.
- Presentations by UTA Adjunct Professor Carlos Donjuan include various lecture series hosted by the Dallas Contemporary and the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Works included in the Cheech Marin Collection, of “Cheech and Chong”, comprising the largest private collection of Chicano art in the world.
- Recent collaborations include Red Bull, Nike, Cinelli, Alife, and Fiat.
- National and regional publication mentions include: Juxtapoz, New American Paintings, The Dallas Observer, Dallas News, and D Magazine.
2014 Sour Grapes: From Street to Studio, University of Texas at San Antonio exhibit: http://utsa.edu/today/2014/06/sourgrapes.html
2014 Jefferson Viaduct mural: http://yourbestsouthwest.dallasnews.com/tag/sour-grapes/
2014 Everyone’s Time Is Their Own, San Francisco exhibit: http://www.juxtapoz.com/current/everyones-time-is-their-own-curated-by-gabe-scott-alter-space-sf
2013 Sour Grapes: Open Studio: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/mixmaster/2013/03/the_sour_grapes_graffiti_crew.php